The first step in preparing a kick-ass artist talk is a passive one: watch other performers and make a list of what you like (and even don’t like) about what you see.
Notice how the street performer owns his corner of the sidewalk, notice how Jerry Seinfeld (and other comics) uses his body, attend other artist talks and make notes about you’d like to emulate. Maybe your list will include:
- Maintained good eye contact
- Showed captivating images
- Opened with a funny and relevant story
- Closed with a bang
- Knew how to handle a Q&A session
- Used a live demonstration
Learn more about how you can incorporate your favorite qualities into your next artist talk in this teleseminar.